PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airborne drop by Paras planned to reinforce in Afghanistan
Old 6th Nov 2006, 10:22
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABIW

(Sound of reel) Gosh, I have got a big one here!

I'm sorry, what point are you trying to make? I think you'll find that a Btn-sized drop has always req'd the 15-ship. That is, unless it is someone at 16 AAB decides they don't want all their goodies - which I would find strange, if not a little risky. Not to have them, would be unrepresentative of a doctrinal para assault. Nonetheless, an 'admin' drop would be better than nothing, especially from the 16AAB/Para and HQ 2 Gp viewpoint, thereby justifying the continued existence of the costly airborne capability (as someone has already commented).

I would be very surprised to see us find 7-15 spare, serviceable and adequately protected ac, that's all - don't worry I wasn't having a go at you. You really shouldn't be so sensitive!

I was unaware that the J was now cleared for Double MSP, or equivalents - that is a relief! Now we can retire all the venerable Ks which, I think we all agree, is long overdue.

Good to hear that Akronelli is shaking off the last of it's 'fun in the sun' reputation!

Last edited by flipster; 6th Nov 2006 at 10:45.