PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Computer Flight Simulations for Training
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2006, 09:21
scroggs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trainee99
I would be interested to know whether anyone now running MSFS X has tried out the A321 yet and if so, whether it bears any resemblance to the real thing. Whilst i appreciate that a lot will be missing due to it being a game and not a proffesional training tool... Does it include: autorim? any protections? managed flight? are pitch and power settings similar at all? or are there any other airbus features that fundamentally set the bus aside from boeing etc, or is it basically a 737 with a revamped cockpit layout and exterior? I am due to start type rating on the A319 in december and whilst i have some time in a 320 sim to relate to, i'd be interested to know whether there is any resemblance that justifies buying FSX to get the feel of the thing again.. Thanks..
It's rubbish. Forget it. If you want a reasonably good Airbus simulation, get A320 Professional from Phoenix Simulation. It'll work on FS2002/2004 and probably FSX with a patch. It is excellent, and a worthwhile addition to your training library.

People, for specific discussion of MSFS please go here (the Computer and Internet forum). Please keep this thread and forum for the discussion of matters directly related to training, and not which joystick to use or how to install it!

Scroggs