PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fying Schools in Winnipeg
View Single Post
Old 8th Aug 2001, 08:48
Fogducker-1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello down there in Oz!

First, Winnipeg is a very choice to do your training...generally excellent weather and except for the peak times of the day, a fairly low traffic volume to contend with.

It is my recommendation to go with Perimeter Aviation. First, they have multiple aircraft as opposed to some of the other operations which have only one available....the ramifications should be obvious.

Second, they have about 4 simulators and a well structured course syllabus.

Third, a Flight Test Examiner for IFR on staff.

Fourth, fair rates are chaged for their services.

Fifth, MEIFR is all they do and they are good at it.

The only drawback is their core staff are widely varied in experience and keeping an instructor there for 6 months is a high time fella.....this is a measure of the growth rate in the industry at the moment rather than a shoddy place to work or poorly maintained equipment.

Winnipeg is a fun place and Perimeter have a reduced rate at several of the local hotels.

With respect to the transfer of your B-727 type rating, best advice is to contact the folks at Transport Canada (slang name for Dept of Transport)...this can be a tricky thing to do, but far from impossible. I would suggest talking to Inspector Craig Kirby at 204-983-4341 to get the straight goods....well worth the few dollars to be properly prepared after travelling halfway around the world.

All the best to you and welcome to Canada....also, no I don't work for Perimeter, just used to flight test a lot of their students at one phase of my life.

Take my advice...don't try and duck the fog!