PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MS Internet Explorer 7
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2006, 13:17
BombayDuck

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BEagle
WTF is 'tabbed browsing' - it's geek-speak to me and I have absolutely no idea whether I want it or need it.
If you've ever thought your taskbar was too cluttered with windows from your browser open on different sites, yes you do need it. Each new "tab" allows you to view a website in the same browser window, instead of a new window.

You've seen tabs before - when you try to change, say, your display settings by Right click on Desktop -> Properties, you will get Tabs that say "Themes", "Desktop", "Screen Saver", "Appearance" and "Settings" apart from a few others. Think of this being applied to browsing the internet. A cute little feature that seems to be a lot in demand!

I switched to FF though not for the Tabs, but because GMail wouldn't work too well on IE6. And the fact that IE is (was?) known to bea security pain in the butt, I didn't want my credit card details lost....

Surprisingly, my mom switched effortlessly too, she says websites load faster on FF, and games at Yahoo load properly too