PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in the USA - Visa and TSA Requirements
Old 5th Nov 2006, 12:46
Mercenary Pilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those who don't know dartagnan was rejected by the TSA as not suitable for training in the USA. He repeatadly starts these silly posts about needing a visa to do a type rating and has been told numerous times that YOU CAN NOT GET A VISA TO DO A TYPE RATING. Type ratings are covered under the visa waiver system so to sum up...You don’t need a visa to do a type rating!

It is a vocational qualification as you already have to be a qualified commercial pilot to do a TR!

To do pilot training (i.e. CPL/IR) in the US you need to have a training visa which is an M1. For obvious reasons a tourist visa does not cover flight training.

Now I don't know what kind of game you are playing or if you work for a US schools,
but if you have some evidences that you can go to the USA without a visa , let us know, I think the US authorities would be very interested who told you to come in the USA without a visa.
No game (unlike you with your blatant attempt to put people off travelling to the US because you feel begrudged that you are not welcome there) I do not work for any school, im a qualified airline pilot flying the Saab 340.

I have done 2 type ratings in the USA both times without a visa (because you don’t need one). All TR students travelling to the US do so under the visa wavier programme. This is fully acceptable by the Immigration dept. The US embassy told me to go to the US without a visa as did the FTO's because they are right and you are WRONG!

After reading your posts regarding NetJets (and other threads) you come across as very immature and If this was indicated to the TSA, its hardly surprising they rejected your application to train on heavy aircraft.