PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in the USA - Visa and TSA Requirements
Old 5th Nov 2006, 12:01
dartagnan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do you mean to go to the USA without a visa?this is what you suggest?you story about upgrade training and the usual bla bla coming from nowhere is a total nonsens...

in this case, you should read carefully the letter of the TSA.
you need a visa for any flight training in the USA(b1-m1-f1...).
for type rating you need a tourist visa issued by the DHS and in this case it is the B visa (this is what schools say and I agree ).

the problem is one office doesn't recognize the tourist visa(the ICE, thats the one who inspect if your visa is alright), and in a certain way you are right, you can go to the USA with no visa and hope(based on their misinterpretations) they will not check you. If they do, they will ask you to leave the classroom and go home the same day(with TSA or without TSA authorisation).

Many students have been denied for improper visa (with a b2 visa) because the ICE says a B2 visa is NOTt appropriated for flight training when the DHS says you NEED a B visa (most school will tell you to come with a B visa based on DHS regulation, but in conflict with ICE regulations!!!).Visa Waiver is even less appropriated and in this case you should contact the TSA or your Embassy because I doubt they will let you in unless you lie.

Now I don't know what kind of game you are playing or if you work for a US school,
but if you have some evidences that you can go to the USA without a visa(for " an upgrade training" ) , let us know, I think the US authorities would be very interested who told you to come in the USA without a visa to make an initial type rating.

I will not answer to you, unless you prove me your facts.you may PM me if you would like to share your source of information.

at this time, this is under revision, the question is WHEN this problem of visa regarding aviation will be fixed?

Last edited by dartagnan; 5th Nov 2006 at 12:42.