PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mixture rich for taxi?
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2006, 11:56
Counter-rotation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As many have already said, very good discussion...
What started as a basic "should I lean on taxi?" question has become an in-depth discussion on ROP v's LOP which has been around for years.
Many of the posts here (mainly Chuck's stuff - thanks for taking the time) seem to be written from an owners point of view. Not surprising if they're written by owners!
I have long been interested in the concept of LOP in properly instrumented aircraft. Rat****'s last post asked the very question I was thinking (try finding a piston ship in Australia's GA fleet with 6 point engine instrumentation - they do exist, but very rare). The answer seems to be "yeah, you can do it".
Now when I go flying, I get paid to do it by the bloke that owns the engines, and he has decided how he wants me to handle 'em (via SOPs). He's not going to think I'm doing him a favour. Without wanting to sound dramatic, if I do it differently, and things get funky (for whatever related or unrelated reason) - I am possibly left to explain why, but almost certainly off to look for another job. If there's injury involved I may never be employed again.
If only I worked for Chuck et al.
That's without the additional (perhaps small) complication of doing it one way in the check ride - their way, and another on my own - the right(?) way. If they don't want to equip the machines properly, why should I stick my neck out by choosing to "know better".
To summarise the above -
I cannot risk
Now it's late
CR
(Love those things!)