PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training in Australia
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2006, 02:54
jackie_PF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying schools in Australia?

Hi everyone,

Been a member for quite some time but hadn't made any posts as yet.

So Hi to everyone and am really grateful we have the pprune forum for everyone to share!!

Am looking closely into flying schools in Australia. Have got some useful tips in here for schools in Brisbane (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthr...lying+training), some in Sydney but not yet for Melbourne, Adelaide, or any other parts in Australia. Any info on that would be really helpful!!! (or any directions to any of the previous posts would do too Thx so much!)

I work full time so am doing only self-studying. Got my leave organized next year in March about a month so I could do some flying, am aiming for the GFPT.

Am planning to try the CX Cadetship so was thinking to do the GFPT in Flight Training Adelaide where CX train cadets. (actually AFTC, Adelaide Flight Training Centre where they train private students)
and since they seem to have lower rates than most other schs elsewhere (AUD165/hr on a Grob G115, GST included) But rumours are they seem to drag progress of private students and acutally you pay the same (and more hours than usual) trying to get your PPL. I heard one took up to 8 months, 120 hrs for a PPL!

My questions are:

1. What are the recommendations of schools down in SYD, MEL and maybe even Perth?

2. What is the average of hrs ppl need to get a GFPT? (As an average person) min. is 20, but most ppl get it for 30? 40? What really is the average? or even for PPL? What is the average hrs?

3. I heard that FTA/AFTC in ADL is very strict to private students because their main clients are the airlines cadets. So they do have higher standards and demand more than what is needed to let you move you to the next stage, i.e. next solo. Would you agree?

3. I'm really looking to find a school where I can probably do one hr at least EVERYDAY. (I heard it's very slight chance in AFTC) Coz I really got only a month's time and I want to achieve as much as I can in that time. Is it most flying schools can cater for my requirement on that issue?

Thank you so much for your help!!

Jackie