PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2006, 20:11
beaver eager

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LonBA, the slide-show is months and months old and part of the new BALPA Company Council's Vice Chairman's initial response to BA's opening salvo (produced by him before he bacame a BALPA rep).

This weeks pod-casts from the General Members Meetings are on the web-page named 'screencasts' but it looks as if there is a tech problem with the website as the buttons to play them seem to be missing in both IE7 and Firefox 1.5... Edited here to apologise and say that the previous greyed out text was my mistake... The play buttons were there all the time, it's just that you need to select each one from the sub-menu on the right.

Sadly, they are all videos of the old General Members Meetings (GMMs) from back in March, 2006 anyway. I was confusing the independently managed http://www.bacanaffordtopay.com/ website with BALPA's own http://www.befairba.org website which is where the general public can now download the audio of the latest meeting held last week at Heathrow on Wed 1st November, 2006.

These new podcasts represent the current BALPA (and it's members') thinking.

The current postition of the BACC is that, given the new actuarial valuation and the complicated nature of the relationship between the trustees, the regulator, the company and the employees, 'no change' is no longer an option if we wish to avoid un-negoatiated changes simply being imposed by the regulator.

BALPA have moved the goalposts because the situation demanded so.

IMO, BA would be well advised to move theirs now.

These are the links to each individual audio file of last week's Heathrow GMM...
.WMA Audio Format (45.3Mb) or .mp3 Podcast (89.4Mb)
They have exactly the same content so there is nothing to be gained by downloading both.

Sincere apologies for the previous schoolboy error... A classic case of making what I saw fit my own mental model rather than questioning the information I was receiving. To be fair, I was in a hurry when I made the initial posting. To err is human...

Last edited by beaver eager; 5th Nov 2006 at 18:14. Reason: To rectify yesterday's screw-up - sorry!