PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is there anyone out there.....
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2006, 18:45
EGCC4284

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My CV does not say how many times I attempted to pass each ATPL exam and on all on line application, I have never been asked this. What does keep coming up is "On what attempt did you pass your IR skills test"

This is what counts in application more than those poxy ATPL exams. I meet pilots everyday in my job and if I had a pound for everytime a pilot tells me he has forgotten most of that stuff and that they don't use it any how, I would be as rich as an Emirates Pilot.

Just get through the progress test, get on the 2 week brush up course and do your best. Try not to have to re sit all 14 exams again if you cock up.

Try and convert a room at home into some sort of study and have good soft music playing on the computer. The number of times I would go up to my study mid evening and the next thing you know, it was 4 am. That happened quite often. The time flew by.

And I repeat what I said earlier, never read a novel in my life but quite enjoyed reading every single word in the Bristol Books.

And I did very badly at English and maths at school. Trigonometry, could not remember that from school. If I can do it, anyone can.

Polar Stereographic Scale Alterations ?????? (cannot remember if this is spelt correctly) What's all that about.

Other bit of advice. When you are doing Climatology, buy a world map that is laminated and get red, blue and green marker pens. Then mark on the map all the hot and cold sea currents onto it. Mark all the winter and summer high and low pressures onto it. Mark onto it as neatly as you can all that bull**** about the weather monsoons in India and it will help you remember some of it. The Labrador Current and all the other markings are still on mine on my study room wall.

Just concentrate on the chapters you need to do for the next progress test that you are aiming to do,take one step at a time and you will be fine. Through out all your training, never look to far ahead or you will get demoralised.

August 1999, PPL Welshpool in 4 weeks.
March 2000, Bought a share in a Cessna for hour building.
September 2001, Start Bristol Ground School
August 2004, Last ATPL exam done.
Jan - May 2005 CPL
May - Sept 2005 IR
Oct 2005 MCC.
Oct 2005 to present, looking for that first job.
Rome was not built in a day for a modular guy who cannot afford to give up work.

Never give up and keep going in the right direction and remember, there is always someone behind you in their dreams, wishing they were in your shoes with regards their training or the job you are in.