PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KFC pilots (SCABS) crossed the line...
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2001, 20:12
27driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry KFC pilots (SCABS) crossed the line...

During Morningstar's 4 day pilot strike, Morningstar management and KFC flew the Fedex freight.

Two company's refused to fly the freight on the solid premonition that it would cause possible ramifications down the road. Winnport and ACE had strong enough backbones to firmly decline any extra flights due to Morningstars negotiations. A firm handshake goes out to those two companies.

On the other hand, I just can't understand why KFC pilots would accept to fly this freight during this time period.
We are all fighting for higher wages, and equity with the majors in Canada. KFC pilots did nothing but shoot themselves in the foot, and slow down ALL of the Canadian freight pilot wages by crossing the line.
You KFC pilots are all big boys. Even though your management accepts a short term contract to fly this freight, you still have an option to choose if YOU should fly. YOU had MANY options... call in sick, or better yet, use the union you pay so dearly to protect your jobs with and support your comrads who are fighting for something you deserve!!!
I hope KFC strikes next year when their contract is up.

Even more, I hope Morningstar (not that they could) or other carriers fly Purolator freight all night long while KFC guys are bargaining for higher $$.