PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna 150/152 Performance Figures
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2006, 15:18
MikeJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We've two 150/152 threads running. Perhaps the mods should merge them.

My own view is that its daft to consider almost all modern Cof A aircraft for a 1300ft strip. I went to a recent GASCo seminar, where one speaker showed that this year in the UK, we had days when at sea level, the density altitude was 2500ft! A Maule may be good, but probably outside the budget of anyone cosidering a 150/152.

I trained on a 150, and thought that the reduction of flaps from 40deg to 30deg was due to the very large trim change required from a full flapped approach to a full powered go-around. You needed a very hard push to keep the aircraft from rising up into a stall, and I think that there have been a number of fatals from this.

You are looking for a 2 seater. As always, Ghengis gives words of wisdom. Modern 450KG microlights are the present day equivalent for the past role of the 150. Some would comfortably operate from this runway, as would several permit types. They cost much less to operate. I think it absolutely wrong for the CAA to limit suitable types from operating as CofA aircraft, eg under IFR.

MikeJ