PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2006, 15:05
TopBunk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by LonBA
In any event. I still don't think there will be a strike. Mainly because I believe folks will realize that a strike will only lessen the amount available to shore up the pension. BA is doing okay now. A strike will change that.

So when exactly are the pilots planning on striking? Discussions have been going on for a while now. Has the line been drawn in the sand yet (in terms of a date to end discussions)?

LonBA
Whilst I'm not AS affected as many, having many more years in than left to do, I WILL STRIKE.

Many of my colleagues are seeing Willie Walsh and his thug management trying to steal upwards of the equivalent of £500,000 from their pension fund - if that is not worth fighting for, I can't think of much more that is.

We all realise that there is a lot at stake, at the moment the management have as much to lose (if not more) than the emplyees.

As to 'the line in the sand'/'date to end discussions', well line is defined, and the date will be with us in the next 10 days - prepare to see either a ballot for IA or the company VASTLY improve their offer in that time frame.

There is a website that has a podcast of the latest BALPA GMM, but I'll leave that for another to point you at. Suffice to note that the broadsheets and others are starting to talk about a pilots strike at BA. Briefing of the media is underway, the end game is nigh.