PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Abusive pax
Thread: Abusive pax
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2006, 10:23
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Barkly1992
With a callsign like "Flybywire" I would have thought that you knew all about this subject.
I take the banter, believe it or not I am indeed a musician, I know all about other frequencies (Acoustics is my field) but know little about RF and their applications nowadays.

However, it was not ME that said that MP3 players caused difficulties with airline nav and control systems. It was others - if you looked at what I had to say I was questioning that MP3 players were an issue - laptops - mobile phones - pacemakers as well. I was saying that lawyers were the problem.
forgive me, I read this...

But please forgive - MP3 players transmit RF!
...and I didn't take the sarcastic tone. Sorry!

I did think that MP3 players indeed transmit some sort of RF but these are minimal. Even our bodies have some kind of low electrical activity (eg. brain and indeed the heart, I used to hate ECGs!!).
In my humble knowledge of this subject I have always thought that MP3 players were somehow safe as the RF transmitting part should indeed be protected by some sort of "cage" anyway.

I love skippers BTW - they are captains that are actually older than me.
hahahaha! I won't tell him that then!!! He'll be first-time daddy in a few months and he would be gutted to be told that he's THAT old

And also BTW - in the 1980s and 1990s we had many devices which generated RF - not MP3 players I agree - many other devices which emitted lots of RF - including vibrators.
reminds me of an incident....having to tell one of my passengers if she could switch off her vibrating bag in the overhead locker for take-off please......embarassing? Not at all, the funny part was actually witnessing the businessmen sitting next to her starting to sweat uncontrollably!!!

FBW