PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS - Australia
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2006, 09:22
Mr Seatback 2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 'cancer' of any organisation is the KPI system itself - or more specifically, the way QF have structured the KPI system.

Now...don't get me wrong...I have nothing against rewarding deserving individuals with a financial (or other) bonus. In fact, it's a great tool for rewarding and motivating managers.

However...the KPI's themselves are flawed. The bonus is given simply for reaching the KPI - HOW that is reached is irrelevant, and that's the issue I think for a lot of us. Like most reasonable folk, I have nothing wrong with the idea of a manager doing their job and its' difficult tasks like managing sick leave, etc. The practice, however, is the key and their people skills to manage said tasks.

What I'd like to see is the KPI's linked to engagement from the crew, and 'upward feedback' scoring of that manager from line crew in areas like people skills, etc. I can just see the look of horror on the faces of some managerial individuals right now.

Could you just imagine - the 'two pronged' KPI - the figures AND the people? Lots more reporting, but a hell of a lot more say in the 'true' performance of that manager. If the FA's can do it to the CSM's, then why not keep the flow moving upward??