PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kubuntu 6.10 in a Virtual Machine
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2006, 08:37
BLUE SKY THINKER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mac . . . . .

I feel sure that if you spend some time with EasyVMX it will probably mean more to you, but this is all a bit new to me; down an avenue I haven't been before.

But to answer the question: the previous successful route generates two very specific files, a .vmdk virtual disc file and a .vmx configuration file. The latter is a very simple 1kb affair only requiring a v6.06 to 6.10 edit. By contrast, the EasyVMX - trying both 'easy' and 'super simple' - generates five or six different files, including a much more involved configuration file. Because of my experience level of this (or maybe because of limited sleep over previous 48 hours) I couldn't get my head around the interaction of all these files, latterly coming to the conclusion that I was probably only supposed to use some of them. Either way, no luck.

Anyway, I shall look forward to my first experience of Linux over the next few days. Very interested to have ago at the Mac, via PearPC, if I can lay my hands on a Mac disc. Bit of a novelty to have the three main OS's on one laptop, but only one of them on the hard drive.

Anything else on this whole subject would be very interesting.

Last edited by BLUE SKY THINKER; 4th Nov 2006 at 11:34.