PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: The Price of Oil
View Single Post
Old 4th Nov 2006, 05:10
Bedder believeit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kundiawa Kakkles:
You're right that other modes of transport (road vehicles, trains, shipping) can use other forms of energy, and it stuffs me that this isn't being jumped on. Of course I only look at the simple picture. However, it all comes down to how we as a people select those that will govern (?) us. Whilst we have - as at the moment - "oil" people running the World's largest economy, I don't have a lot of faith. And then of course it will be interesting to see how China and India start to soak up assets. Will they give a toss if a few "whitey's" have to lower their standards.

As for your "show me proof", well I can't, I just have to take in what I see and read around me. As you say, the Earth has been evolving and changing since day 1, but we humans are a part of that change, and evolution. Whilst we were all "bush kanaka's" at one stage and impacting little on anything other than our immediate environment, I am sure that this is no longer the case, and we are changing the earth with the way we utilise resources, for good or bad.

I wish us all luck with your $5 a bbl oil prediction, and once again you are correct, if cars etc could be magically transformed to hybrid/bio-diesel, then this would help a lot. However the projections I read is that this won't happen for another 20 years, and then for only about 20% of vehicles....Might be too late by then!!

Far Canard alluded to WW3 in his post...far canal!