PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHC Timor Contracts-Locals not friendly
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2006, 23:33
maxeemum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If required I would do my bit in Timor. The tribe I would be involved with have the required resources to operate in and neutralise the percieved and actual threats in that location.

My initial post related to flying as a contract pilot in a place where an eng fail on take off or Landing is not the only thing you have to worry about. I am interested in how a company like CHC or any one similar can offer its employees some form of gaurantee against being struck down while off duty in a touring location, and the answer is they CAN'T. You take what you can get, and thats the reality.

Risk = return, there is no doubt about it, however having rock chuckers attack you while you head up to the shops for a can of coke would not be uppermost in peoples minds. I know the fellow that was on the receiving end of the rock and he is careful in his approach to just about everything.

Why do pilots who are employees have to worry about civil unrest in their touring locations, when all they are employed to do is fly (contractually), not to keep checking six.

IMHO

Max