PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2006, 19:25
Tokunbo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop Bristow 6/6

NEO,
What's the deal with this Bristow 6/6? Are they also still looking at offering 8/4? How does their pay compare with CHC? Even if it's the same, I can't exactly see a queue of pilots looking to transfer from Aero (quite the opposite in fact looking at how many pilots have just transferred, or are in the process of transferring, the other way). Bristow has a long, long way to go to match the additional benefits offered by CHC, such as pension schemes and loss of licence. Even in country their daily food allowance is lower and their medical cover almost non-existent. CHC has a modern fleet of helicopters, with only a couple more than 4 years old and more new machines on the way. The AW 139 is due to arrive soon and there are rumours of S92s and EC225s. I also hear that the move to the new death camp hasn't caused anyone to leave. Most of the guys think it will never happen.
If you've got any more positive news I'm sure there's a lot of disillusioned CHC guys who'd love to hear it, but none of them are going to leave just to get the same deal with vague stories of taking over old ACN housing estates. By the time people have to move to the death camp most of the old guard Schreiner will have been driven away anyway and the newbies either won't know or won't care. If the lockdown most companies are on now continues, who cares where they live (as long as it's comfortable and well-equipped) if they can't go out anyway?