PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates health insurance
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2006, 17:52
Fogrunner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Emirates health insurance

I have been invited to attend a selection programme with Emirates for an F/O
position.
I have asked the Emirates recruiter about this unfortunately she said she could not address my question until I arrive in Dubai.

My question is concerning a pre-existing medical condition that my wife has. Without going into great detail, my wife had her Thyroid removed because of Cancer a few years ago. She currently takes medication for this and has regular check ups. I found the following on the Emirates website.

Who do I call or email to get a ruling on whether a pre existing condition is covered or not by the medical scheme?
You may contact the Recruitment Coordinator. The final decision is taken by our Chief Medical Officer and you will be advised before joining. As with all insurance companies there is an exclusion list and any pre existing condition/s are normally exclusion.

Does this mean she will never be covered or is there a waiting period? I don't want to go all the way to Dubai to be told this is the case. I am lowly cargo pilot that does not have access to reduced fare tickets.

Any help will be deeply appreciated