PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe - 2
Thread: Flybe - 2
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2006, 17:18
Hudson Bay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You will still get staff travel with BA and all the big Airlines. Flybe have an agreement. In fact Staff travel at Flybe is one of the best in the industry.
For the Pilots flying the dash you will go directly onto the Q400. Flybe at the moment cannot recruit experienced guys. In addition you will become the best paid turbo prop pilots in the country.
For the jungle jet pilots, forget it. Flybe tried the CRJ and and concluded it was a money drainer. The embraer's will go just like the CRJ's and the pilots will have to go on the Q400. Flybe have always maintained they want a 2 Aircraft fleet. Sorry.
For the RJ (146) pilots you will get a stay of execution. The 146 is being phased out over the next 2 years and then all those pilots will go onto the Q400.
The jet at flybe is soley on seniority. Time to command on the jet is running at about 8 - 10 years. Probably quicker at BA mainline. Once BA Connect is taken over it will go up to 15 years.
Average pension. Company puts in 12%. Employee 4%. But remember 12% of nothing is nothing. Basic wage of a Jet skipper is the same as RyanAir. Rubbish!!! 52K.
104 days off per year. Again rubbish! Most low cost Airlines get at least 140 days off plus holidays.
Not sure how the shares will be distributed. There not worth anything anyway until Flybe is sold.
All Bacon management will go. Flybe has a state of the art Logistics centre at Exeter that know what their doing.
All though Flybe's T's and C's for flight crew is poor your job's will be safe. From a business angle they are very good at making money and with the Walker family behind them (one of the richest familys in the country) they are a safe bet and I would invest if given the option. (Not my skills. My money)
I think this has surprised everybody. In terms of Aircraft they will be bigger than Ryan Air or Easyjet.
Watch this space. Flybe will be a major player and if I was responsible for any lowcost outfit I would be a little worried tonight.
Good luck guys whatever you do. This industry changes everyday, all you have to do is make the right move at the right time.