PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Resettlement courses, what did you do?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2006, 16:18
Wannabe1974

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTW

I am likewise leaving the forces to pursue a career in civil aviation, although I am not a military pilot. I found the Career Transition Workshop to be really useful. It is 3 days long and helps you to adjust to civvy life. Particularly impressive was the CV writing module which you might think is easy to do. However it isn't easy to do well. The course I did was run by a woman who is a very experienced HR expert. I have to be honest I was only really looking on it as 3 days off work (I have a very co-operative Boss!) but I learnt loads and thought it to be really worth attending.
Aside from that, I start my ATPL course during my 5 week resettlement period, which means that I can claim all sorts of subsistence type payments during that 5 weeks and keep getting paid until the end of my terminal leave (nearly 2 months into the course). I am having a bit of a snag with ELCs as my course is an integrated (please don't shout at me) one which means that technically I should only receive one payment of £1000 for the whole thing despite it falling over a 3 financial year period.
Hope that helps?

Last edited by Wannabe1974; 3rd Nov 2006 at 17:52.