PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS is dead so the new acronym is SDE (Service Delivery Environment)
Old 3rd Nov 2006, 14:11
Dick N. Cider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure I agree entirely...

Whilst I agree with ****su that this smacks severely of deck chair shuffles you can guarantee that there will be a huge amount of angst as people are pigeon-holed into what ever structure Airservices eventually gets (as opposed to what they think they'll get).

As Ex FSO GRIFFO has identified elsewhere on this site the constant drain on what was Flight Service and became AUSFIC will be part of this cull. CENSAR will be heaped onto the flight datas in the TAAATS Centres and they'll also ge the briefing part of things. The Flightwatch VHF will be shoe-horned into the DTI sectors (what used to be Flight Service areas) and pressure to combine it up with Class E/C/A airspace. As far as I can tell that only leaves HF from the FS structure and services.

I'm having a bit to do with the spin doctors that are trying to sell it but most of I what hear apart from motherhood statements is "...but there's still a parcel of work to be done on that." One of my peers keeps telling me to "Enjoy every day at Airservices. This is the best it's ever going to be."

I'll reserve my judgement but I have a bad feeling in my waters.

DNC