PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Industry Lay/off's
View Single Post
Old 25th Oct 2001, 19:58
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gents,
Thinking for tomorrow is exactly what will result in decisions for today. Airline management have tuned and identified on the correct frequency and are receiving signals 5x5. Although, I must admit, your comment reaks of eloquence, the reality is, Air Canada and others are in for 'cuts' (layoffs, or whatever else is needed) regardless of employee needs or financial necessity.
Reality sucks.
Work sharing? In hard times, maybe work share is an option. Today? Not on your life. The company isn't going to continue to pay or encumber the cost of benefits for 'work sharing'...that's how desperate the present situation IS.
Doesn't that suck?
That's just the way it is.
C3 is almost a penny stock and prime candidate for a hostile takeover at best, out of business, at worst!
Air Canada? Same, same.
If it were me, I'd not bother to 'wait and see IF we go out of business', I'd be looking for something elsewhere (where, is up to you) so I can continue to pay the mortgage.
How you read the tea leaves is, of course, your business. But, this is how I read the tea leaves.
Suck it up. Put the shoulder straps on. Select Ignition to continuous. Slide your seat back a couple of inches. We're gonna get whacked!!!