PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Free upgrades... for the brazen
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2006, 11:15
flybywire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by 10secondsurvey
Seen it happen recently on a BA flight. One pax was allowed to stay in club, although he didn't get the meal. As I was paying out my own pocket, it pissed me off. Part of my reason for using club is more leg room. It seems you can get it free on BA, rather than paying.
That is so unfair to say! And that is NOT the norm!

You should have said something, the CC usually can count (I have 10 meals and 8 passengers....) and have a good look at the P.I.L. but some passengers are really stubborn and try the old trick regardless. Guess what, doesn't work with me! We have some "voluntary upgrade forms" which include taking details of the credit card to take payment for the upgrade. One way for a short flight is £100. It can be up to £500 on some long flights for WTP. When I notice people trying to jump class I present them with the form. They usually decline and go back to their seats.

If the CC saw it and didn't do anything it might have been that they had enough meals and couldn't be bothered to create a possibly embarassing situation. This, in my honest opinion, is wrong and doesn't show good authority and assertiveness, and after all the person who should be embarassed by all of this should be the passenger themselves. I have seen many saying "Oh sorry I read my boarding card wrong!" to try and save the situation and go back to their seat with their tail in between their legs.

Speak up next time, make the cabin crew aware next time. It is your right to have the space and the quality of service you paid for!

(As for staff sitting in club, it's very complicated, we have different staff tickets, and with some we are indeed entitled to Club or even First.)