PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBe to acquire BA Connect (Crew thread - no spotters)
Old 3rd Nov 2006, 08:51
CaptainProp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand that this is a hot and sensitive subject to a lot of you, and that this effects many people, and their families....
However, is this not a good thing, compared to the last 5(?) years or so, that has happend?? BA has been cutting, promising, selling and lying (?) for many years now. They have obviously never had a plan, not a good one anyway, for running regional operations. Looking back it is quite clear that this would happen sooner or later...only sad thing is that it did not happen earlier...
Why? Is it not better to work for a company that is dedicated to the business that they are involved in? BA never was.... Working under the BA parashute you never knew if you would have a job the coming year, under FlyBe it seems, with aviation "standard" anyway, like a stable and secure alternative..right?
I know that there are huge issues in FlyBe when it comes to, for example, the relationship between the company and the union (the staff). Im sure there are many other things that could be improved, but then again show me a company where this is not true...
I think that the people being affected by this could bring in a lot of experience in to Flybe and help building a better company, improving the t&c's etc.

At the end of the day it's money that rules aviation, and any business for that matter. Maybe its easy for an "outsider" to give the advice to look at the good/positive things in this matter...but at the end of the day, being negative will only make things worse for you as an individual, right?

Good luck to all of you!

Standing by for incoming!

/CP