PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAS is dead so the new acronym is SDE (Service Delivery Environment)
Old 3rd Nov 2006, 09:36
Ex FSO GRIFFO

Received 56 Likes on 24 Posts
Sde.....

G'day Mr 'T'.....

POINTS taken and understood - thoroughly.

But, 'tis strange that despite the various managerial 'comings and goings'..and 'second comings' - (Some who think that they are) -
THE WHEEL JUST KEEPS ON TURNING!

As it has done for the last 15+ years or so...Yep, 15+!

Like...WHO keeps on turning it????.....was a question much asked in those former 'trying times'....

And YEP, there is no competition as such - the 'Private' Italian company which at one time was heavily rumoured to be interested in Adelaide as a 'package', have learned that, for them and the package, it was a 'no go'.
No $$$'s in it! WHO was going to pay?? It didn't take long for THEM to work that one out.

And YEP, aircraft will still take-off and land, but it is rapidly becoming clear that the deck chairs are being 'washed overboard' as time goes on....

And, at OTHER THAN CAPITAL CITY Airports, more 'responsibilities' will be passed on to the PIC.

A 'chronological sequence' of those 'deck chairs overboard', would have to include the various Regional Flight Service Units - the FIRST to go I think, Regional ATC/FS Admin Services, - Briefing Offices around the country, - ATC Regional Services, eg. PD Twr, KA Twr and all the others...etc etc.. -concentration / redundos to BN & ML Centres for ATC, - Flight Service Centres, - Tech staff at all locations...and the list goes on...

Fewer 'deck chairs' now methinks.

And, fewer Unions to contend with.

And RPT still operate into PD, KA, ABY, et al....(Should I mention Proserpine...??)

So what do we have that is left?

Are we close to 'Core Business' yet??

Yep - and 'they' are gettting closer....

And, a better question might be, with all the comings and goings and 'golden handshakes' along the way, WHO are 'they'?? = (Who is/are still doing this??)

Now, you know this, and, with respect, Chuck soon will when he flies his Bo - and finds there are FEW/NIL services avbl to him as a GA/Pvt op. - it won't affect his ATPL flying at all - THAT IS the 'Core Business'....

eg. I recently completed my AFR and filed a FPL for JT for the coast - Perth City and out to the coast again - Clearance Not Avbl - too busy - there was NIL aluminium heard or sighted west of the approach - nil service - ho hum.

And it is painfully obvious that no-one else is going to take up the expensive 'to run and maintain' Capital City Twrs.

So, what else is there when the 20% or so have been offerred and accepted, the 'big handshake' ??

Less staff = less services in anybody's language I reckon.

It is a fair bet that as a Country, all we will be left with is 'Full Service' for Upper Levels, 'Some' yet to be determined service for Intermediate Levels, and Capital City, and maybe 'SOME YET TO BE SELECTED', Arrivals / Towers.

Watch the 'WHEEL'---round and round it goes, and where it stops--
You know the rest....

Nuthin' personal Louie...Its Just business....BANG!!

Like I said before,
'Tis a Family Affair....,

Sartime with 'MUM',
Weather from 'Aunty',

Enjoy
And, I do look forward to all responses - especiallly if there are ANY from Canberra!!!