PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilots 'prepared to strike'?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2006, 07:45
Airbus Unplugged

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger

Whether it's jealousy or people gleefully watching our discomfort, BA pilots were never going to win hearts and minds. A shame really, because I have yet to meet such a cadre of hard working professional people, amongst whom I am privileged to number virtually all of my friends.

Not in that number are those who have chosen to betray their friends and join the management. I would consider myself to have sold my soul to the devil himself if I was to go across to the darkside. I loath the attitude of our senior managers, the naked avarice and the lack of contrition or humility as they lie to our faces.

Those outside are not expected to understand the pensions raid, let's face it, some of those who stand to lose most don't even understand themselves how much they will lose. For me that's the most immoral part of this whole thing, the 'little people' who don't have the knowledge to see through the spin, are also being swindled out of the futures they've earned after years of loyal service.

I'm sure many will see this as a right royal come-uppance for those snooty nosed superior bastards. I can assure you that this is just the beginning, if they were to win on this, then the terms and conditions for all at BA and indeed the rest of the industry will tumble into the abyss.

I can't describe how angry I am. I have to fight hard to prevent the red mist from interfering with my job. I could not live with myself if they were to get away with this.

Willy Walsh's warped nightmare of a Wallmart-BA is the end of the industry as we know it. If we strike to the ruin of the company, the result will be no different.

As much as I love this company, I will not shrink from strangling it to death to spare British society from this poisonous management 'ethic'.

Loyalty has no value - nice. We'll see.