PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aus Expats - would you go home (with poll)
Old 3rd Nov 2006, 07:41
The Euronator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hempy,
Not to mention the fact that ASA have (in most cases recently) spent 3 to 4 hundred grand to train someone who then decides that the golden $ is too much of a lure and says "thanks for training me up, I'll be off now". And then have the gall to say "I'm a much better controller for leaving, now I want to come back to the best country in the world, but only if I get more money than the people with the same amount of service". Talk about having your cake and eating it too
As the voting above suggests, no-one has suggested that they return and "earn more money than the people with the same amount of service".
One thing should not be forgotten though, that is , many individuals left from the Top of FPC and some have been offered Top of journeyman. Sorry, but in my book that is a demotion. There are many cases in ASA where people would like to leave, but due to personal circumstances are unwilling or unable to leave. Some people have seen people leave and come back and have realised their opportunity to do something has just vanished and therefore the " Sour Grapes " issue rears it's ugly head.

You know what you should be arguing for in the next EBA, the setup of an Exchange Program

For me, I made the decision to leave , I took all the risk of not checking out , I took the risk of never being able to return, and it is the best thing I have ever done. Whether I elect to return is debatable, as I see the same issues still abundant in ASA as when I joined in the late 80's. Some issues will always remain eg. the anally retentive way that certain grades of incidents are handled, the fear that management put into controllers with regards to having incidents etc., I am glad I am not there and fingers crossed will never be there again.