PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aus Expats - would you go home (with poll)
Old 3rd Nov 2006, 03:05
jumpuFOKKERjump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I missed this thread the first time round and have just spent a pleasurable 30 min absorbing the whole thing. It was worth it for the "****-off" from the moderator alone

said the ****-offer:
"I don't have any objection with people being paid the market rate, but why should they step right back in to career progression and seniority as though they had never even left ??"

You would have to admit that seniority counts for nothing here. Another angle, I have noticed a few faces reappearing from the sandpit, then dissappearing again. Maybe they were bored. Perhaps ASA is not willing to spend the extra time/money training an exexpat on TMA for them to just take the rating back to the sandpit on completion? I think it is reasonable for ASA to park exexpats in positions of convenience for a sufficient time to discover if they have really returned, or are just wanting a paid holiday, paid professional development or will be dissatisfied with their lot and, erm, ****-off.

ANSA says:
"but we are expecting to be paid a salary that recognises our knowledge and experience"

Judging by the last CA, the ATC here have no such qualms and continue the race for the bottom. Please keep up your high standards which will maximise my income. I understand those expats that do return do so at a negotiated rate. Not the bottom of the scale, not the top. Think of all the fun of waiting for increments again.

"I'm a much better controller for leaving"

Practically a "wise man from the east..."

Got a good laugh out of Cat Poo, lay off the catnip pal