PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lynx v Flagpole = 4 Trashed blades
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2006, 23:53
The Helpful Stacker

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by ChristopherRobin
stupid? yes. stupidest? no.
For me nothing beats the crab puma loadie who stiched a burst from his GPMG through the 25000-odd litres of A-1 in R850 - mind you he was keen - for a crab - in actually trying to load the weapon at all instead of keeping the rounds nicely vacuum packed.
Actually he managed to hit two of the tanks (the two closest to the back fence) though one of them was empty at the time (though still full of vapour) and the other only had about 11,000 litres in it. It was 3 rounds I believe (well thats what came out of the tanks), 2 tracer and a ball.

This I know for certain as I was at the time minding my own business tidying up the hoses on Spot 5 when the senior ALM on the Puma fleet decided our tanks needed extra vents. Of course the lad who was over in the bund doing the water checks on the filters was even closer to the 'action'.

Us wing mongs have seen equal amounts of numptiness from both AAC and RAF growbags, but if you speak to most wing lads they have nothing but praise for Junglies as it was usually them who lifted off G40 when 'fog' had stopped play for everyone else.