PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST - 2
Thread: BELFAST - 2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2006, 21:22
BHDflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SKY's4ME
Is the expansion going to compete directly with the likes of Jet 2 to finish them off at BFS! Are will Easy open up new european markets?

Heard also BRS and NCL frequencies are to be increased after the demise of Flybe-although these may be operated by BRS/NCL crews?
Alright I got the 'Bristol' part of it but is Flybe's Newcastle to go aswell?
I was at BFS a couple of weeks ago I'm tellin you easyjet on that place now, infact sometimes the bright orange blinds me! Soon there'll probably be no room at BFS to expand, so does this mean planes parking on top of each other? (!)

Of the topic a bit, but does anyone know how BA are lasting with no more Belfast night stop/early morning MAN flight? Have seen the odd Embraer in BHD recently and I think if BA changed the route to this aircraft it could save the route. The Embraer is a jet aircraft and is faster than the Dash-8. Back in the day when BA were at BFS the MAN was nearly always Embrarer 145 operated and passengers preffered it to the ATP on BHD-MAN because the ATP was louder and was not as fast as the Embraer. So seeing the situation nowadays, BA Connect could consider this. There is way more Embraers in the fleet, and funnily enough most of them are based in MAN.

BHDflyer