PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Christmas book recommendations
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2006, 11:26
Whirlybird

The Original Whirly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I dunno about this forum, I really don't. I see the title, click on it to get some advice about what books to read....I'm grounded with a heavy cold and helicopter reading will have to do. And what do I find? Arguments about whether or not this thread should be here. More arguments about how many hours PIC you need to be one of the elite....who presumably don't read or don't get given Christmas presents, or both. Yet more arguments about whether we're drivers or flyers or pilots or what. Even more arguments about....well, dunno, I gave up at that point.

I have fairly close to that magic 1000 hours now - just let a few more students struggle to hover and get themselves lost and and try to kill me, and I'll be there. So....jeez...I must be almost a REAL helicopter pilot....ooooops, do I mean driver? So I guess I'll now have to work really, really hard to develop into an egotistical, touchy, bad-tempered sod who turns every little thing into an argument. Well, I've done a lot in the last few years, so I guess I can manage that too. And hey, I can do it with a headache and stuffed up nose and runny eyes, can't I. So I'll start....NOW!!!!

Watch out for the new, nasty Whirly!!!!!!!!!!!

(And don't mix me up with nice, lovely auntie Whirls)