PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Christmas book recommendations
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2006, 10:16
Steve76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well thanks for the opinions people. Good to hear both sides. I don't mind chatting about watches and books (all topics covered dozens of times...) but I would like to be segregated. I am all for the aparthied version of PPRUNE with membership by invitation if required.

Why do I get pissy about this?
A. I am a prat (just ask my many buddies)
B. I am an opinionated arsehole.

C. I spend 10 mins sorting through crap to locate information about a collegue wAho was involved in an accident a couple of days ago. Thanks to the imperative shopping information and the copious questions about J1 farking visas to the USA; that extremely important info is relegated to page 3 and the other thread involving the death of another collegue the week before is buried on page 4.

Some of us out here use the PPRUNE as a virtual lifeline to the worlds events. Not all of us are sipping lattes in Shetland waiting for a blustery day to pass while planning our next cross country flight.
To find out 2 days later that a friend has been injured because of irrelevant drivel is annoying.

Like I said - PPRUNE stands or falls on its own merit. How much is your advertising dollar worth Danny?

Time for another poll Mr Heliport please....

PS: YES I am a driver. I drive a helicopter and I don't have a carrot up my arse. I am still a professional but completely aware I am not part of NASA's space programme and soon to be replaced by automation. AND I do deserve more money....