PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Connect (was City Express)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2006, 08:31
mark twain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am currently a First Officer with BA Connect on the TP. What can I say about it - it is great training and experience, and I do not regret taking the job for one second.

The insecurity about the future is not good, and is the only downside. However I have BA on my CV, and multi-crew hours in my log book. Realisitically the company is not going to disappear, so my worst case is that I end up working for whoever buys it!

I am an 'older' modular pilot, and to be honest was thankful of the opportunity with BA Connect, it has got me started. Whilst it may not get me through to my pension it is a superb start. All this being said the business model can work, and we do offer a good service - there are lots of positives and a definate upside, however these do not make such good reading on a rumour network!!

I know who Thumperdown is, and I will say that he is the person who knows. He will give you no flannel or b*ll, and anything he tells you should be taken as true, he is certainly in a position to comment on fact rather than rumour.

Finally - there are many people, Thumperdown included, who fight for us, and the people in the hold pool. Regard him as a knowledgeable friend and allie.