PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI diversion causes a stir in Irish media
Old 2nd Nov 2006, 05:56
Say Mach Number

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HWB - Sounds like we have same the SOP after a go around and clearly we emphasis the same priorities. Fly the plane, clean up the plane. Relieve the workload and put the autopilot in do the after take off checks and then come together as a crew in our little 'CRM window' and decide a course of action. Make your decision and then advice 3 people: No1, ATC, Pax.

Your right none of us have the facts except the crew and company but its 119nms to SNN from DUB and assuming you like us your SOP is to get alternate wx and your plog will have fuel/ safe heights/nm to divn, and the Dublin wx/notam was no surprise to them, I am just not sure where the drama is for the flight deck crew in diverting to SNN.

Funny enough did a go around the other day due weather and we flew the missed approach got vectored d/wind and did another app and landed. During which time had plenty time to speak to the no1 and then spoke to the pax. Thought about it after landing and it would have felt alien not to have done a pa!

But hey I wasnt in the BMI cockpit and they had their reasons but its a funny thing had i been a pax on that flight I would have probably been sat to someone defending them saying they were probably very busy. But in the cold light of day I would have been thinking a wee word from them would have been nice.