PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas SH EBA Latest Propaganda
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2006, 04:41
The Full Monty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keg, I forgive you.

I also acknowledge that you will never change your views and I respect that.

I also respect that it is your type of views (loudly and often expressed) that current AIPA have formed their bar room policies around.

I didn't apply to join Impulse. They have had good growth and that is fantastic for the people who work there. I didn't apply to join Sunstate, who have had good growth and that is fantastic for the people who work there (and I don't hear any human outcry from fellow Qantas pilots for the left seat of a Q400 and I can't distinguish the issue of "must have Jetstar" v's no interest in Sunstate, except one flies a jet. Ah, that is it !!).

I did apply to join Qantas and we have had great growth. I did not join as a Captain, or with any guarantee that I would eventually become one. Subject to a vacancy in the company that I joined, within the seniority system of the company that I joined, if I was operationally qualified, then it probably would occur. One day. It could take 20 years, or it could take 6 years. There is no timetable. If I can get through a 30 something year career without taking a demotion, without being retrenched, without taking a big hit in pay, then I will be more than satisfied and everything else will be remembered with fond reflection.

I look at Jetstar, or Sunstate, or Eastern, or Jetconnect, with the same view as I looked at the RAN FAA and AAAvn. Same "group", different arm, with my role to play in the arm that I joined. I may not have liked one or two CO's I worked for, but I respected the relationship, and my role in the relationship. If Qantas pilots put as much energy into making "our" business right, for our "CO", as they do incessantly going on about an arm they do not even work for, then we would all be much better off.

But that is not going to happen. I concede that. Lucky for me that there are only two of us on the flight deck of a B737, and that the vast majority of the Captains in my base think like me.

Good bye.