PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas SH EBA Latest Propaganda
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2006, 03:13
Nemisis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe Wall Street was a great movie indeed, whilst it was fiction one line from the movie that I believe is a matter of empirical fact was as I recall, “Money never sleeps”.

'Hypothetically' speaking of course, rest assured that those that wish to make more of it, could attempt to do so, by eroding the conditions of a legacy carrier, by for example exporting its flying into a lower cost entity, then only to rebrand it back to the original one, when the few remaining in that legacy carrier are vanquished. The main ingredient for success in such a plan would be to render the moderates impotent (I have heard someone sees us that way) with propaganda so they would do nothing to resist. That is, to do nothing, whilst the planning to achieve this was continued in the Old Forrest and implemented in stealth.
Originally posted by The Full Monty
“I have also spoken to two of the three pilot reps negotiating. They have said the same things to me that the author of the letter did! And most B737 pilots like the fella's doing this thankless task.”
Now just to avoid any ‘potential’ for confusion, last nights edition of AIPA Insights said of the letter:
SHORT HAUL
EBA Update by the Short Haul EBA Negotiating Team
Judging by the private letter placed into Company mail slots recently, it appears that some members may be confused as to how the Short Haul EBA Team intends to progress future negotiations, even after the briefings.

We would like to address the major concerns:
  • We are not a test case for Long Haul. Short Haul talks are simply before Long Haul and one of the first Agreements under the new WorkChoices legislation, and there is nothing anyone can do about that.
  • The ACTU has nothing to do with our negotiations and never has.
  • There is nothing high risk about considering all future ramifications of the new legislation.
So that others are not confused, we would like to reaffirm that we are going to negotiate the best deal possible and let the pilots decide which way we proceed. We are attempting to maintain our current conditions and any future offers will need to address this issue.

The statements made in the letter were incorrect.