PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Christmas book recommendations
View Single Post
Old 2nd Nov 2006, 01:59
Gordy

Received 50 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Um... lifting...
I stand properly admonished and apologize. On the one hand, helicopter pilots want to be taken seriously as a profession (and if you read many of these threads, you certainly know that), yet on the other, demean themselves by referring to themselves as 'drivers' and the like. You can't really have it both ways, I'm afraid. Better people than we have tried and failed.
As to the more basic threads, I had many questions when I started and I'm sure many of them seemed silly to the people I asked (who were by necessity always the same small group of people), but for the most part I was answered patiently, and I try to do the same. If I don't feel I can help, I simply don't answer. And when I read these threads, somebody from another part of the globe often recommends a great book I've never even heard of. I'm for it!
Apology accepted---however I was not admonishing you, but just making general comments and personal opinion. I was more making comment at Steve76, although I sometimes agree with his comments, I always remind myself that I was once a "newbie", and green for information. There is an old saying that "it is difficult to soar like an eagle when you are surrounded by turkeys". I often hear "more experienced" pilots refer to the "newbies" as turkeys. I happen to think that there are just as many "turkeys" in the "experienced" end of rotorheads as the lower end. Maybe the "newbie turkeys" are young "fledgling eagles" who just need some direction. I am glad you were answered patiently, this is the way it should be. Time for me to get off my soap box, humor out, pour me a "martooni" and chill.