PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mid-air collision over Brasil
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2006, 23:49
broadreach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zilbert, you'll have to go back through the thirty-odd pages. Just about everything imaginable has been said.

Re the ATC work-to-rule, it's now is an absolute shambles that will provide lawyers with oodles of work for many years to come. The Gol/Legacy accident has unleashed all the resentment of allegedly underpaid and overworked ATCers, mostly military (and without a public voice) but partly civilian (with, now, a banner under which to protest).

Delays and cancellations are the order of the day; a "Crisis Room" in Rio, on TV this evening, where reps from all involved try to decide collectively who has priority; retirees being called up; president Lula in his first port-re-election crisis demanding "I want a solution"; defense minister Pires saying "'Aeronautica' never informed me of the ATC shortage..."; north-south flights being rerouted over the ocean to alleviate the load on Brasilia which is said to handle 3/4ths of Brazil's flights, and so forth.

Somebody pinch me - didn't I see something similar in the US during the Reagan administration, and then in Europe twenty years ago?