PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 4
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 4
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2006, 20:26
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by transwede
......... Has the airport got the infrastructure to cope with all the extra flights, including long haul a/c on a daily basis with high end business classes?
I've read your posting & again inconsistencies, you suggest not the capacity for longhaul scheduled but ok for longhaul IT
Personally I would have thought more hassle from IT pax, & as for suggesting long haul would need more business facilities, surely in the main these business pax already use NCL, they simply route via AMS, LHR ,CDG or wherever ! The real problems are highlighted by more & more Loco flights that are in the long term unsustainable & for which a low revenue is derived. The problem with NCL is not neccessarily the lack of foresight, but the inability to carry out the plans that have been mooted in recent years whether through lack of funding & resource or simply basic incompetence. There was a draft plan phase xx or whatever that mooted a terminal extension to the north with a second pier & without this then clearly all that is happening is putting a strain on all ground handling resource with the handlers at the front end hardly helping matters. Other points you raise about lack of security resource, seems that this is an almost country wide problem.
I personally see NCL's achilies heal in ultimately being a lack of space available for development, Landside things are already a disaster, & the multi storey car park fiasco just runs & runs. Airside things are little better, & in my mind the runway will never be more than adequate, anyhow, is it not due for major resurface work, like ages ago ?
One can always go on about problems but then it is better to be in the current situation than down the road at MME which is slowly deteriorating into little more than an AFB in support of the Middle East detachments