PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mixture rich for taxi?
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2006, 19:55
pakeha-boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem is the lack of aircraft instrumentation, lack of balanced fuel flows in stock engines, lack of pilot knowledge, and lack of competent engine management.[/QUOTE]

Cream,..dont have a problem with your comment at all....dont mind admitting Ive made a few cockups on the engine managment side,and after reading this thread have learned a few things for sure........BUT NOT ALL A/C HAVE TO BE MICRO -MANAGED........

Ive owned this C-185 for 8 yrs,never had a problem,all weve done is add a turbo-charger and beefed up the gear for poaching operations.....and flown it like the manual says to fly it....at 15 gallons/hr not bad and doeant break the bank.....talked to other owners of the same A/C....its all good......the A/c flies better in Alaska than Arizona....but like shelias,they are all different.....

CC ...called a couple of outfits and priced your suggestions.....mate it looks as if the misses is going to have to work the streets for sure....its not cheap.will have to do a gross margin job on this one...........

but the bottom line for me is ........these engines are designed to take a beating ,I say that from the stand point of commercial ops and fun flying,I done both with these engines and aircraft.......

Whilst I find CC,,s info great reading and very informative I also find that you dont have to make it rocket science either.....no disrespect CC,...but the KISS rule prevails for me.........PB