PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emerald and the CAA
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2006, 18:43
exloadie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stratofreighter
Since the link above doesn't work (with me at least), I thought I'd copy relevant parts of the text here:

Published on Wednesday the 25th of October:

"EMERALD AIRWAYS: FLEET SOLD
THE fleet of aeroplanes operated by failed airline Emerald Airways have been sold to an Australian firm.
It is not clear what the company plans to do with the aircraft – which include ATPs, HS748s and Shorts 360s – or how much the deal is worth.

Administrator KPMG, called in after Emerald ceased trading, confirmed a deal has been reached which will see the fleet sold.

The deal with PTB (Emerald) Pty Ltd is expected to be completed next month, if conditions are met.

In addition to some 30 planes, including an ATP siezed by Ronaldsway airport because of unpaid airport fees, it is expected the remaining staff of 26 will be transferred to the buyer when the deal is completed.

The KPMG spokesman said a separate deal with another buyer for Emerald's properties, in Blackpool and Liverpool, is under negotiation.

The airline, which enjoyed a £25 million annual turnover, was grounded in May after the Civil Aviation Authority suspended its operating licence.

The CAA said Emerald 'no longer satisfied' its licence requirements.

With its income stopped, the airline was unable to meet costs and was placed in administration. Two weeks later 113 of the 200 staff were laid off.

25 October 2006
« Previous Page

Next »

Page 1 of 1"

Maybe its just me but the "new" airline being called ptb(emerald)pty is maybe a bit too close to the "original".I cant see either ronaldsway or Liverpool releasing any of the A/C untill a settlement over unpaid bills is reached,I wonder what condition the ATP and 748 parked on the spur al LPL are in now?