PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 4
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 4
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2006, 18:20
transwede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope all your enthusiasm HH6702 is not wasted, but as time ticks on, there seems less of a chance of NCL getting a long haul link before 2008. I still have my doubts over the EK rumour, even if it did start, could NCL catchment area sustain such a service? Has the airport got the infrastructure to cope with all the extra flights, including long haul a/c on a daily basis with high end business classes? At the risk of repeating myself, handling at NCL is not first class and there is a severe lack of checkin facilities and security check points at busy periods. Not to mention gate equiped stands (i.e next to terminal), even the number of remote stands for pax ops in nearing capacity.

Long haul charter is a priority, if they work, maybe its a key to attract scheduled long haul. Notice Monarch, who operate all NCL charters across the pond are bottom of charter league table for delays at NCL - not a good first impression.

Regarding handling agents, I know Swissport and Servisair at NCL do not have the best reputation, but what is to say Menzies will if they start? (Lets also bear in mind nothing has been confirmed by airport or Menzies!) I also think it is not only the likes of EZY, TOM and TCX menzies will go for, smaller operators also bring in valuable handling fees and their contracts are generally renewed more often! Out of the two current, Swissport seem to be doing a better job with a better reputation for service. I have heard that Servis are regularly delaying flights and inbound aircraft are having to wait xxx time for steps and assistance!!! Hope things are looked at and change for the better, Servis used to be highly respected.