PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Egnatia flight college
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2006, 13:51
aftab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
advice needed.

Hi, I have been reading the Egnatia thread and am liking the school however I would hopefully be making a personal visit in the near future. I have a few questions that some of you guys may have answers to. Roughly how long does it take to complete the full 0-(frozen) ATPL course?
Is the course likely to increase in price in 2007, if yes by roughly how much?
Any one completed their training at Egnatia yet as i believe a while ago some1 was saying some people will be completing their training? What are their situations now?
Are their any selection processes?
Is it better for me to do my medical in Greece or do it here in the UK? What is the difference apart from costs?
Also my current situation is that I have started a degree course, but my ultimate goal in life is to become a successful airline pilot, Reason I started the degree because I do not have a class 1 medical and their are no guarantees that I will pass it, therefore I thought it would be wise to start the degree just in case things didn’t work out. I will not think of leaving university until I am certain that I will be starting my flight training. I would appreciate any advice on what I could do? (PMS welcome)i.e. complete the degree, do 2 years of me degree and take a year out to do pilot training? Also, a reason to why I don’t want to do a degree in the first place is that I will be in a considerable amount of debt, therefore I will most likely have to work for a few years and delay my flight training further which I don’t want to be doing. Although I am aware of the some of the benefits of having a degree.