PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates
Thread: Emirates
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2006, 12:40
Newnz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Hi Ppruners! :)

Gosh, I haven't been on here for ages! Tomorrow I finally graduate from the Emirates Training School! And what a busy, busy 6 weeks it has been! It's been fun getting to know so many awesome people, but on the other hand it has been A LOT of really hard work. The content itself is not difficult, however there's a huge amount of material to learn and retain. The two weeks of service training are fun, and you actually fully deliver 2 hot meal services to colleagues during these week - so you are relatively well prepared for going out on the line. You will find you have exams or practical assessments on around 75% of the days you're in training, with an 80% pass mark minimum requirement. (i.e. don't get too caught up in the party scene initially as you need your head screwed on - if you know what I mean!). Most people make it through however with the odd exception, but your are allowed to be put back to repeat a week with a new class if the trainers think that is best for you. When you come over you'll be in an intake of between 60-70 people, with this broken down into 4 smaller classes. It's crazy how many people are at the college right now. I received my roster yesterday and only have 2 flights for the month of November and neither of them are layovers! Am basically on standby the rest of the time. Rather disappointing but I think this could be partly to do with having soooooo many crew and no A380's now until 2008 (when they should have arrived this month). Not to worry - I'm hopeful that next month will be a little more interesting! Good luck to you all and hopefully we will meet out on line sometime soon