PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Buying Experience
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2006, 12:22
Contract Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hole in the bucket

Bucket, mate, sorry to say but there are a few holes in your theory, 1st, a lot of JAA students come here to SA to do their training and then go back home to do the subjects and still end up in the right seat of an A320 way before we do, so was the training they got here worse? I think not. 2nd, the reason they get there sooner is that there are a hell of a lot more heavy a/c there than here, not because they are superior. 3rd, some of the best pilots I have ever flown with were 300hr instructors, though I never did it, I dont see a problem with a 200hr instructor teaching a new ppl if it is done correctly as most of the schools here in SA do. 4th, so what if the JAA has 14 complex exams and UK pilots have a better theory base of knowlage? at the end of the day that theory means sh!t if they dont get a chance to fly and gain the experiance (would you prefer a 200hr jaa student next to you in an A320 when the poo starts flying or a guy who hat gone and cut his teeth on light a/c 1st?)

South coast, thanks for the reply, sorry, net has been down for days, africa wins again. No, I am not a DE but I dont think that that means I cant see when a guy has been trained badly, I have lost count of how many people I have flown with in my life and know a good co jo when I see one. As for the not liking him, wrong, I like and admire the guy for packing up a good job and moving over to aviation at such a late stage. that is also why I dont mind him paying for more training and hrs on a big a/c to jump start things a bit. What I am the hell in about is that a nice guy like him was taken for a ride, thinking this would help him and yet he was not given the level of training he paid for. I am happy to report that he has come a long way in the last month and will be on top of it all soon.
You are right though, I am not in a position to do anything about it as I am not a DE, so what can be done to stop the JO's of the world creating unsafe pilots?