PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TNT and ATLAS AIR
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2001, 00:27
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VULTURE

You’re right.
Atlas ‘N’ register their aircraft simply because they are an American company. To do otherwise would indeed be ‘stupid’ as you suggest. To appease our European friends, why wouldn’t they simply ‘G’, ‘HB’, ‘D’, ‘F’, or ‘EI’ register them? Again, as you point out, because it would be STUPID.
Fickle, eh?
Here’s what’s fickle about it.
You folks keep whining about the fact these aircraft need to be ‘G’ registered.
(Why ‘G’ registered? Why not elsewhere in the EU?)
You’ve already stated that would be stupid. So, I’d suggest our argument is dead in the water. Wouldn’t you?

Permit me to quote you…sort of

“Remember wet leasing.. If you don't have G register you operate in a closed market, ie you don't operate into, out of and internally in the United Kingdom. Got it wrapped up ain't they...”
Does ACS ATLAS operate internally in the UK? MMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm……………no!

Europeans have whined over this issue to the point where England’s Rose has been stripped from the offending airframe. Never mind what BA want. Meanwhile, the aircraft continues to do the same job over the same routes. Smart, huh? Never mind the unnecessary cost of stripping it.
Small minds. Small victorys. But, there you go.

ATLAS (ACS) are providing employment opportunities to Europeans with an FAA licence, allowing them to step into a B747-200, B747-300, or B747-400 and all they can do is whine over the fact their aircraft don’t have a ‘G’ registrations??? Are you……
never mind.

I’ve already asked.