PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQUADRON: TV SERIES circa 1982
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2006, 03:14
DummyRun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking 'Squadron'

Sorry chaps but this might be the saddest post ever!!

The music to 'Squadron' was composed on my parents piano Xmas C 1982,
even sadder, the 'B' side was titled 'Hercules' !!

Sadder yet, I think I have the only signed 7" picture sleeve single.....

The composer was called Tony Issac and unless any IT boffs have any better ideas I'll just have to put it on my gramophone player and get Mrs D Run to record it on her mobile phone and then do somthing posty-webby with it, just wish I could plug all 7" into the side of my laptop.

Sadder still....

He shot himself just after, or was it the 'Old Man' Who shot him that Xmas night after hearing the theme to 'Squadron' for the 97 th time when he smashed the bottle of Remy XO on the keys.

PS

The sleeve notes read;

"Squadron is a new drama series about the present day RAF,concentrating particularly on the world wide operations of a Rapid Deployment Force"

C1982.

Tony would be proud that we've come on a long way since 1982 and that the Rapid Deployment Force exists as a formed unit. The people making these "pie in the sky" programmes never imagined that the 'Joint Helicopter Force' or the 'Joint Force Harrier' would ever exist. Sadly the 'We'll muddle through and make it up as we go along nearly deployable Hercules Force' is still borrowing tents, wheels, any chance of a go on your JAMPA mate!.

Any chance of getting David Archer as a Sqn Cdr???