PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Arik Air
Thread: Arik Air
View Single Post
Old 1st Nov 2006, 00:44
LongJohnThomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
18L,
If to say you know shebi you for just palm???
Uneasy,
Your points have been driven home, unfortunately at the same time, i think you are a bit economical with the truth.
The fact still remains that we were brought up in a POST NIGERIA AIRWAYS era where the so called 'TIN GODS' have and still control the sector.
They all came from their breast fed company with all the mouth on earth about how good they are and how their training was standard; that was the company where they had Pilots called 'Jehovah' and sorts in that line. The types that believed that a co-pilot was a 'gear-up,flaps-up and shut-up piece of equipment, nothing else.
Half of which became Captains because they kissed ass and just played the daily politics of the company. Competency was never looked at as a plus, and when the so called GIANT fell, they came over to General Aviation as the GODS who felt no-one else knew how to fly or knew what procedures were all about, it was the Zaria-Mafia as they called themselves.
They are the bosses everywhere, the same ones who made captain at 23 and now think our generation needs to be at least 45 to be commanders, Even on 12,500lb airplanes. They make the rules and unwritten, its 4000 hours to command because thats the way it was in WT!!!!!
The same lot that wrecked the nations carrier and the same lot now complaining about pay!!!
I know for a fact that their doubts were severely cleared by the assessments which GECAT conducted, which actually made them re-think for only a short while. It is my hope that we all learn from the past and present events riddling our country's aviation sector.
We all need to pull ourselves together to get this situation under control; we are in a spiral dive and this trend will continue till WE do something.